Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wow...

Just had to share a couple of tidbits.

One is that I’m registering to take part in this year’s 20th Annual Independent and Small Press Book Fair on December 1–2. After getting some very good advice from another author, Marcus Sakey, I decided to start looking into doing some book fairs as a way of creating some exposure for Solstice. Wouldn’t you know it, there’s the perfect one taking place in, of all places, my home town, New York City. So it’s a chance to not only take part in my first book fair, but also to spend a little time with the family.

But the other item of news has me a bit…excited. I realized just today that I got a comment down on one of my earlier entries (the one entitled The Power of Writing) from a user named jimm. It turns out jimm is reading the review copy of Solstice I sent to SciFiNow magazine. And, as it turns out, jimm is not only enjoying the book, but says it will definitely be reviewed in the next issue of SciFiNow. …………..wow ^_______^;; I’m kind of speechless. Except to say that I can’t wait to read his review, and to personally thank jimm for his kind words. So if you’re reading this, jimm, thank you! I’ll make sure to track down your contact info and send you a more formal thank you!

FYI, Solstice is now on sale at Tragical Mirth Publishing! Order your autographed copy today ^^;

1 comment:

kiyone20 said...

Hi Ulises.
For me was an excellent news your visit to New York because is a part of the of your dream . the born of your Son "Solstice". actually i got my copy already and i am in chapter 12 of my reading. as i said in another comment . i can't way to finish the Book because is very adictive . but my time is very limited because my labor schedule .but as soon as i finish it. i going to sent you a good feedback .