Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Babble babble babble

Wow, it’s been a while since I last updated this thing. I’m such a bad blogger -_-;

Keeping busy here, as usual ^_^ With less than a month to go before my first book signing (November 10, 1 p.m, at the Huron Village Barnes and Noble in Ann Arbor), I’m still trying to drum up some publicity for it with the local papers. It’s been a slow, difficult process, but there’s some hope that at least one of the major local publications, the Metro Times, will do something on Solstice. I also contacted my old school, the University at Buffalo, and it looks like they’ll mention the book in their quarterly newsletter to UB alumni.

Sales appear to be moving along, which is surprising considering none of the reviews have hit yet. My distributor is already running low on the quantities I sent them originally, and I’m already in the process of having to send a new batch. Wow. While it would be nice to be able to sell more copies directly, I’m excited nonetheless. I’m just hoping people are enjoying the book as much as I enjoyed writing it.


Speaking of writing, I’m now at page 498 of my new novel, and still no end in sight. This novel’s easily going to be about 700 pages by the time everything is done. I’m sure a lot will get cut out, but then again, I’m sure other things will have to be added in as well ^^;; Eep… But it’s a lot of fun to write. And *gasp* I’ve written my first…*gulp* sex scene ^^;;; My girlfriend thought it’d be a good idea, probably cos she’s a pervert *wink wink*


Came up with a new life goal, too. See, one of the ways I keep myself moving forward is by setting new long-term goals for myself. Last year, it was buying my first house. This year, it was publishing Solstice. I hadn’t expected it, but I also achieved the goal of joining a band and playing a gig. A couple of weeks ago, realizing I’d sort of out-goaled myself for a while, I came up with a new one: record an album. Thanks to the awesome Fender strat my good friend Brian loaned me months ago, I’ve now written about eight new punk/pop songs that I’m going to record soon. In fact, Brian’s going to loan me some kind of recording device so that I can do so. For now, I just want to record a demo, and I’ll probably be playing all the instruments myself (guitar, bass, drums, and keyboards. My girlfriend will probably do the vocals, since I can’t sing to save my life). But, I decided that, down the line, once I’ve finalized and worked out all the new songs, I want to record an actual album and distribute it on a small scale. I even have a working band name now ^^;; So that’s a new goal that should keep me busy for a while ^__^;; Because, clearly, I don’t have enough things to do in my life.


Actually, I guess I’m just silly. Goals, I have plenty. I’ve already have two more novels planned after the one I’m currently writing. At the rate I’m going, I’ll probably start the new one in January. I think I just have to keep myself busy. I’m the kind of person that, the more I do, the happier I am. When I don’t produce, I tend to fall into depression. I guess this is one way to stave off depression, huh? Keep myself insanely busy with multiple projects at once ^^;;;


Anywayz, Solstice is now available at bookstores, Amazon.com, barnesandnoble,com, and generally anywhere else where books are sold.

No comments: