Thursday, June 28, 2007

Because, really, I don’t have enough things to do…

Heard back from my printer. The books are scheduled to ship out in late July, so that’s when I start jumping up and down and exclaiming excitable things in English, Spanish, and possibly Japanese just for the hell of it. That means I have that much time to assemble my final review mailing list, create a bunch of packets, stuff them in envelopes, and have them all ready. That way, when the books arrive, my girlfriend and I slip a book into each envelope, seal it up, and *whoosh* send them out, in the process compiling the largest postage bill of my life ^_^

Things seem to be moving along with Biblio. As far as I’m concerned, I’ve sent them all the necessary forms and application materials. So I guess it’s pretty much official now that they will be handling the distribution for Solstice.

Of course, while it’ll be cool to have my book available at major bookstores, I’m really hoping people buy the book direct from me (hey, you get an autographed copy that way! ^^; It’ll be worth millions…never! ^^;;;). And, I’m going to give folks an incentive to do so. What will it be? Hmmm, you’ll have to wait to find out…

One change to my plans, though: I think I’ll be pushing the start of the main marketing campaign until late July or even August. Since I won’t be able to get review packets out until July 23 or so anyway, it makes sense to hold off on posting the trailer, and creating the rest of my characters’ MySpace pages, until later. (Did I say “rest of”? Why yes I did! My main character, Io, already has one. Want to look her up?) Does that mean I won’t post up at least a “teaser” book trailer on my web site soon? Hmmm…

Speaking of which, I’m discussing revamping the Solstice site with my webmistress ^^; In anticipation of the start of the marketing blitz, I want to make it more robust, give visitors more to check out. That should be fun.

And, seriously, because I have SO LITTLE TO DO, I figured, I should add more things to my list of tasks. Like possibly starting a small freelance art-and-music-video-for-weddings business. After doing the Solstice book trailer, I made a couple of music videos for my friend, Dan. A couple of people, after seeing them, suggested I try and start a side business doing that for wedding parties. So, before Sunday, I’ll have to put up a quick “Portfolio” page on my main TMP site.

Wow, this was a long, babble-filled entry, wasn’t it? ^^; I imagine, as the big day (October 1…maybe…hint hint) approaches, I’ll have even more to babble about. Much to your chagrin.

Oh, and a special HELLO to Tsubashi-san, who has the distinction of being the first person to leave a comment! Arigato gozaimashita!!! And thank you very much for your kind words about Solstice ^_^

2 comments:

Tsubashi said...

Ganbatte, Ulises-sama!
I've never had to assemble a 'review packet,' but I am doubtless it requires effort and, packets being plural, is ostensibly difficult! I certainly do not envy your postage bill! ^^'

I didn't know you were going to be autographing direct purchases! Quite nifty, I'm glad I was planning on doing that from the beginning. Maybe I should buy two, so that I can keep one in pristine condition and sell it on eBay for a million when you are world famous ^v^
When it is available, though, will we purchase it through the solstice site, or somewhere else?

It is a bit of a disappointment, having to wait for the trailer. Still, it makes perfect sense, and it's not like we're unused to waiting (We're still waiting for the book, ne? ^__^)
Besides, who are we to complain. You have spent loads of time producing this gripping novel of creative goodness, we ought to be content to wait. I certainly couldn't have thought it up on my own! ^-^

It's nice to know that aside from being a creative genius, a dedicated worker, and a musician, you are also a pleasant and charitable person! Since both my grandfathers were war Vets, I am so glad to know there exist people like you who understand the respect that they truly deserve respect. Your altruism is much admired!

You obviously still aren't doing enough! Shouldn't you be saving the world too? ^-^
Just kidding, you are as bad as my Senpai, loading your schedule and running yourself ragged. How you manage it all, and maintain a cheery attitude about it is a question outside my grasp!
Just make sure you take care of yourself, okay? You can't write if your in bad health, ne? Then how would you become famous? ^.^

Thank you for noticing me, and sorry for my less-than-promptness this time. My own schedule get pretty hectic around the fourth of july. ^-^
Believe me, I can assure you that the words on solstice were well deserved. Thank you for being so awesome!
Arigatou Gozaimasu!
-Tsubashi

Ulises said...

Aw, thanks for your kind words, Tsubashi-san! I'll write more in my blog later about some of the stuff you touched upon (e.g., how the book will be sold), but I wanted to say thank you for your encouragement!